Tuesday 9 July 2013

Assignment #9: Composition - Contrast, Texture, Repetition, Angle of View, & Don't Forget to Avoid Mergers


This assignment's photos were taken alongside assignment #8.

Contrast


Contrast, or in this case colour, is used to either really make something pop out or make two things contrast each other to the point that they accentuate each other.

My attempt at this was to take a picture of these berries.

What I love is that not only are the berries bright as opposed to the background, but the berries are in much better focus as opposed to the background.

I could do without those berries in the corner though.

Texture 


Texture is another form of contrast.

In this case I took a picture of a shiny and smooth ladybug sitting on the leaf that isn't so smooth.

I wish I could have gone closer, but I didn't wanna scare away the lady bug.

Repetition


Repetition, well I don't know how I'd describe repetition. 

In this photo I had to do a lot of moving around. As in I moved around a bunch of trash bins. Thankfully I had hand sanitizer with me.

I wish I could have moved the trash bin in the corner completely out of the way but there were a bunch of flies and I didn't wanna piss anyone off with the whole 'me moving things around' thing.

Angle of View


Angle of view is used to give a unique and not often seen view of something. I mean how often do you crawl on the floor in a park. You don't, and if you do I hope you're at least relatively hygenic.

I have several takes if this photo but I chose this one because of the tree. I was conflicted because of the lens flare. Not because I dislike it, but more because it feels cheesy.

I really like the view of the tree from below. I feel like that really adds something.

And that's that.

6 comments:

  1. Love the shot of the berries! I'll get to reading and examining Assignment 8 & 9 over the weekend. Love the fact that you're all up-to-date and ahead of due dates! Let me know if you'd like a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos, I agree with D'alice the photo of the berries is awesome, the only thing I could thing to critique is I personally would have liked to see the lady bug a tiny bit more closer :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, you're good at this.. You must be a prodigy of some sort. A lot of these photos actually look like those professional stock photos(especially the first 2, which are my favourite). I agree with you on the first picture, the berries in the left are a bit distracting, but it can easily be cropped out I guess. I'm surprised at how skilled you are with your camera focus by the way; nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Sara.I love of your photos, it's like your a pro and I really love photo of the berries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the picture you used for angle of view. I know where it was taken but because of the angle you've used, it looks completely different. I like that, when you can change the appearance of something simply through manipulating the subject. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow the angle of view is awesome, the style of how you took it, and the spot where you are,I dont know but it looks majestic, I really love your angle of view photo. And also the contrast photo is great too, the red berries along with the greens and the background is almost kind of like depth, good job Dylan.

    ReplyDelete