Tuesday 23 July 2013

Assignment #10 - Gastown Scavenger Hunt

For this assignment we went to Gastown and hunted down photos off of a checklist. We were to make a post with ten of the things we successfully found.

These are my ten.


Planes
This first photo is of a helicopter that I tried to take a photo of while it was flying. I was way too slow. I dislike the pipes (?) in the front of the photo. 


I'm Hot and Steamy
This was the first photo I found for this assignment. I personally dislike the tree leaves at the top. I'm certainly not fall enough to move branches around though.


W
What I dislike about this photo is that the tip of the w is cut off and that it's closed off by glass. Would have been better without the reflection.



Stairs
I tried my best to get the first visible step on the lower thirds. As well as the 'centre' of the stairs on the left third.


Old vs. New
What I like about this photo is that the trees, that are both old in age, but new in terms of the leaves, are separating the older in updated buildings and the more recently updated buildings.


Trains
I tried to get some of the trains on the thirds, which they kind of are, in a square. I only wish I got the entire display, but I have a feeling that not as much detail would be visible, which is kind of necessary for something so small.


Vancouver
I rather like this photo and I don't know if there'd be a lot I'd change.


Water
This is another photo that I really enjoy. The fountain itself is on the corner thirds as best it can be.


Gassy ______
  This old fart (haha get it? Whatever.) is Gassy Jack and I had two photos of him but decided to use this one. I dislike the electrical wire behind the statue.


Lights
This is a pretty basic photo, but I felt like my other potential photo for lights was a bit too cheesy (it was a photo of the sun poking through a tree.)

3 comments:

  1. I really like the picture of the W. I find it has an interesting angle and I like the fact that it takes a moment for the viewer to recognize the subject. the colors are nice especially in the glass reflection. Well done!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the photo of the water, its really creative:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all of your photos! but i really like the Hot & Steamy one because the way you photographed it with the smoke flowing the way it did, well the steam lol. I dont think i would really change anything except the lighting in the stairs photo but it still looks cool! I do approve!

    ReplyDelete