Tuesday 23 July 2013

Assignment #11 - Final Edit




For the final assignment I had to edit a photo. I chose this bundle of roses.

I gave the flowers a bit more colour, darkened the background, and removed a small flower that could be irritating to look at.

The compositional rule I used for this photo I aimed for simplicity.

I really liked just how simple yet pretty the flower was to look at. I also like the flower in the background, despite that for some people it might take away from the photo. I somewhat dislike the small flower on the right just hiding behind the roses and trying it's best to blend in.

3 comments:

  1. I love your photo, and i agree about leaving the photo in the background it just blends in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought that you only edited the colour of the rose bundle, but I realized when I clicked it that you did much more than that. Your photo was already simple enough, but with this edit it became even more pretty. I really like how you made the background black as you edited the stuff out; It feels like it was a picture at night. The petals look really soft too, and I feel like the rose on the left in the background added some depth of field. I think you did a really great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy this photograph it was very nice before you edited it but I like how you took that little flower in the background out and enhanced the colors it looks great!

    ReplyDelete